Friday, January 11, 2013

A sweet moment with Brent

Brent has been having A LOT of bad dreams lately.  Pretty much every night for the last week or 2.  Besides breaking my heart, it was really starting to become a problem.  See, every night at who knows what hour, he would come into our room and tell us he was scared because he had had a bad dream.  But now that Brent and Owen are roomies, Brent's little shadow would follow him out of their room every night and into ours.  So then we would have not 1, but 2 little munchkins trying to score a night in Mommy and Daddy's bed.  And Owen is not a pleasant child when woken up before he's ready. 

Every night when this would happen I would help Brent say a prayer to ease his mind and then walk the boys back to bed and tuck them back in.  Last night before putting the boys to bed, we talked to Brent about his bad dreams.  We encouraged him to say his own prayer in bed if he woke up scared.  Well, when Brent got up this morning and I was praising him for staying in bed all night and not having any bad dreams he informed me that he did have a bad dream.  He said, "I sat up in my bed and said a prayer.  I said, 'Dear Heavenly Father, please keep me safe.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.' And then I went back to sleep."  I was so proud and moved I wanted to squeeze him and cry all at the same time!  Oh, it's these moments...ya know?

No comments: