Monday, March 11, 2013

An update on Quinn

When I went for my 36 week appointment we discovered that little miss had decided to flip and was bottom-down instead of her previous head-down position.  I was so stressed out for a week wondering if she would flip again on her own or if the Dr. would have to try and turn her and if not, if I would have to have a C-section.  But after many prayers and a priesthood blessing from my wonderful hubby we went for my 37 week check-up where we discovered she had flipped again and is now head-down and ready for D-day.  I have never had an ultrasound this late in my pregnancy and it was a really neat experience to be able to see her growth.

We were able to see that she does infact have hair!  I have had horrible heartburn the last month or 2 and have always heard that means the baby will come out with hair.  Not really sure if it has any truth to it but I am really excited to see some hair.  You can see it some in this pic right in the center of her forehead.


Look at that sweet face with those full cheeks and pouty lips.  I can not wait to get my hands on her and get my cuddles!


We also were able to check again on the gender which I have to admit was a relief considering all the time and money that has been poured into all things girly for her arrival.  She measured perfectly and they guessed her weight to be around 6 lbs, 8 oz.  So, if she goes to her due date she should be 7.5-8 lbs. which is about the same as my boys.

So, we are down to 13 days left to D-day and I think I almost have everything done.  I am hoping she will hold off until after Saturday because I still have a few things I want to do but ofcourse would be THRILLED to see her anytime now.  So, no more flipping Miss Quinn and we will see you soon!!

No comments: