Friday, March 15, 2013

9 Days and 9 Reasons


(38 weeks, 5 days)

Here comes the countdown. I kept telling myself I wanted to make it to Friday, and I have. And now I'm ready. I have 9 days left until my due date and here are my top 9 reasons why I am SO ready for Miss Quinn to make her grand entrance.

9.  As much as I love and appreciate these wonderful maternity clothes that I got from my good friend Jennifer, I am so over them and would love very much to never see them again :)
8.  Heartburn, Heartburn go away.  I have had it for about 2 months now and it has got. to. go.
7.  I need to run.  I need to run so I can chase Owen in public (he is always headed in the opposite direction). I need to run so I can race Brent to the mailbox again (a daily ritual we have).  And I need to run because it is starting to get warm outside and that gives me the running itch.
6. Like my maternity clothes and my heartburn, these support hose have got. to. go.  With every pregnancy comes an ailment and for this one it was bad, BAD vericose veins.  Thank goodness it was a winter pregnancy and I was able to stand wearing these support hose to help with the pain.  Too much info?  Sorry.
5. I've forgotten what it's like to sleep through the night without having to get up to pee.  Since she has dropped, my night schedule goes about like this: 10pm-pee, go to bed; 12am-pee; 2 am-pee; 6 am-pee; and then I'm usually up for good by that point because it's just annoying.  Not that a newborn feeding/sleeping schedule is going to be much better but atleast I will have good company :).
4. I have a room full of precious little girl stuff that needs to be used and worn by a speical little girl.
3. I am so excited to see Brent and Owen with their little sister.  Brent, especially.  He asks about her every day and tells me he can't wait to see her and hold her and I know he means it.  He is going to be such a great big brother to Quinn and a tremendous help to me.
2. I can't wait to see my tough hubby melt with a little girl.  He may not know it's coming, but I do.  She is going to have him wrapped and he is going to eat every word he has ever said about me being so soft with Owen (my Momma's boy).
1. My top reason??  I am about to explode with excitement at the thought of holding and cuddling and squeezing my little girl for the first time.  I want to stare at her and fall in love all over again with my precious gift from God!


...Not to mention, I just got my hair cut and styled today so I am ready to deliver this baby in style.  C'mon Quin!!!

                                                

1 comment:

Monica said...

I didn't know you got v. veins! I have never had that. Do they go away when you are not pregnant then? I know my grandma had them and so I always worry about getting them! Glad she is almost here! Can't wait to see pics and post more pics of the nursery!!!