Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Soccer Season

Let me just start off by saying how much I LOVE sports. Now, I am not a big follower of sports teams (that's Brandon's hobby), but I do love to play sports and watch live sports games. Growing up, I played just about every sport a girl could play (volleyball, basketball, softball) except soccer. My brothers and sister were always big into soccer but somehow I missed that boat. Brandon never played soccer either. But it's a sport, so we love it.

Brent also loves sports. I mean, he is a typical boy and has been carrying around and throwing balls ever since he could grasp objects. We figured soccer would be a good sport to start him out in since all you do (at this age) is run around and kick a ball. PERFECT! He has had a couple practices and his first game last week. So far, it has been so much fun. Imagine, a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds running around chasing the same ball. It's hilarious. Brent really likes it but plays differently than we expected. He is usually a very aggressive person. So far, he has been more of a spectator on the field. It's so cute. I'll be happy with whatever wholesome hobbies my children choose to fill their time with. But if Brent could have it his way, he would play soccer and Owen would play football:) We'll see....

Practice..


Yay Brent!

Soccer Moms!


1st Game. Brent had 2 assists! Go Brent!


No comments: