Monday, May 16, 2011

5k and a Sprint

Brent and I both ran our first race this past weekend. We participated in the Fun Run for Charities in Rocky Mount. I ran the 5k and Brent ran the kid's sprint. I have been training for a couple months now and Brent just runs all the time anyways. It was a lot of fun and I reached my goal of running the whole race without stopping. The best part was watching Brent race. So cute! and he loved it!


This was right before I crossed the finish line. I promise I was a lot more tired than I look.

I was pretty happy with this time considering it usually takes me longer when I run at home.

8 Crayola Moms ran the race. I came in 3rd out of the 8.

After they blew the horn Brent just stood there and looked around while the other kids started running. I had to yell "GO BRENT! RUN!" (he's all the way to the left)

I love the expression on his face. Such a funny little smirk!

1 comment:

MedSchoolWife said...

That's awesome, Crystal! Especially considering what the night before was....

I'm impressed. No way I could run a 5k without stopping. Or dying.