Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Half Birthday Owen!

Owen is 6 months tomorrow. Absolutely the fastest 6 months of my life! Owen really is one of a kind. He has managed to make me feel like a brand new mama all over again even though I have a 2-year-old. What I mean by this is he is full of surprises and leaves me with a lot of unanswered questions. For instance...

You ever heard of that baby who just hates to eat solid food? Gags on it, spits it out, cries when you try to get him to eat? Well, that's Owen.

Ever heard of that baby who goes through spells where they will only nurse from one side? Yeah, that's Owen too. He has not nursed from my left side in 2 days. NOT comfortable!

Or what about the baby who wakes up every 2 hours through the night just so he can see your face? And then, how can I possibly be mad at him when he looks up at me from the crib with that gigantic smile? That is also Owen.

I could go on and on. This child is such a mystery to me at times. Brent was my "textbook" baby. I like to think of Owen as being creative. He is a baby with style, does things his own way. It can be really exhausting, but does make for good stories. I think I am convinced that God sent me Owen so that I could realize I don't really have it together like I thought I did. I still have much work to do.

Owen is very chill. His favorite thing to do is lay down on the floor on his back on a blankie and just talk or chew on toys. He doesn't roll or scoot. Doesn't really care to go anywhere. He doesn't want to sit up or bounce in his little bouncy toy. Infact, if you leave him in that thing or a Bumbo for more than 10 minutes he gets extrememly vocal and starts yelling at you until you get him out. Brandon calls him lazy, but I just say he's laid back.

Owen loves loves loves Brent. He watches everything he does and anything he does is just the best thing ever. I just love to sit back and watch Owen watch Brent. The sweetest thing in the world.

My previous blog mentioned how much he talks and smiles. He loves for people to talk to him and he will just talk right back and grin the whole time. He has been laughing for a couple months when you tickle him and he's just now starting to laugh some when you scare or surprise him. So cute! I could go on and on. But I will stop here. So Happy Half Birthday my little mystery baby.

6 MONTH STATS:

Weight: 14.2 (10th percentile)

Height: 25.25 (10th percentile)

....yeah, he's a little guy






Yummy...prunes!




There's that smile! I had to buy him a bigger paci because he could put the entire thing in his mouth!

No comments: