Monday, October 19, 2009

Tis the Season...

...for HUNTING! This past Saturday was the first day of rifle deer hunting season. Brandon and I got up early that morning and went hunting while Nana watched Brent. We saw several deer that morning and Brandon shot at an 8-pointer but it was a long shot and he missed. After a lunch break we went back out and took Brent with us. We saw several more deer and I shot at a 4-pointer and missed...7 times. Man! I was ticked! That deer was just staring at me like I was crazy because I couldn't shoot him. As for now, we are blaming it on my scope. Brandon has been saying for the past 2 years that I need a new scope because the one I have is cheap and gets knocked off real easy. So, before we go hunting again. I am going to get a new scope and then we'll really be able to tell if it's the hunting equipment, or the hunter.

We let Brent drive back on the Hunting Club.



Don't worry, Daddy was helping.



A spike-horn posed for us!



Hunting wore Brent slam out!


2 comments:

Ty KT Family said...

Hello Cutrells! It's fun to see you guys hunting. Brent is growing so darn fast, I can't believe you've been gone so long. Cindy and I were lamenting that you guys moved a few weeks ago. We have got to get up to Rocky Mount to see you all.

RACHEL said...

ha ha ha that is way too funny!