Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Roomies

In preparation for Baby #3, we moved Owen into Brent's room last week.  The original plan was to transition him into a toddler bed first in his own room and then bunk him with Brent.  We are down to 5 months and counting until Baby #3 gets here and I really don't feel that Owen is ready to get out of the crib yet.  So, per our pediatrician's suggestion we moved the crib into Brent's room.  And that is why they get paid the big bucks. 

I can not BELIEVE how smoothe this transition has been.  I was totally prepared to have to go into their room 20 times before they fell asleep and find Brent in Owen's crib.  Nope. Not one peep.  Both asleep in minutes.  I was in shock.  I actually said to Brandon, "there is no way it was just that easy".  So they have been roomies for about a week now and it's like they've always shared a room.  The only downside is, Brent's room has these really high ceilings with a huge arch window that isn't covered so Owen gets up when the sun comes up.  I am currently working on something to solve this problem.

So, I may have snuck into their room after they fell asleep just to take a picture.  So sweet!!

1 comment:

Carla Geddes said...

Your kids are just way tooo easy on you. lol.
No, really I can't complain about the big bed transition because Luke was a CHAMP when moving to his big bed.. hopefully Kate will be smooth sailing when its her turn too.
Excited for the 30th :)