Tuesday, September 6, 2011

11 months and crawling!?!?!?!


Is my little squirt actually crawling?!  Well, I guess you can call it that.  He now gets around with 2 hands, a knee and a foot.  It's hilarious!  I guess I just assumed that crawling was easy and would come natural to a baby.  Owen has taught me otherwise.  All that matters is that it gets him where he wants to go-wherever Brent is.

Owen is 11 months old today.  1 more month and he will be a year old!  CRAZY!!  He is so so much fun.  I seriously have the most fun kids ever (no offense moms :)  Just this morning we were playing outside in our back yard.  Brent was driving around his little truck and I was pushing Owen in the Flinstone mobile.  We were racing Brent around the yard-all of us laughing as hard as we could.  I thought for a moment about all the moms who have to/choose to go to work while other people get to enjoy their children all day. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with mine.  There is no where else I would rather be!

So, what is Owen into these days??  Oh right, BRENT.  Anything Brent does, says, or touches is wonderful.  Owen is such a sweet little brother.  He is very patient with Brent and all his attempts to drag him, pull him, carry him around the house.  Although Owen develops more and more each day, he has still kept his chill, laid back personality.  He is very vocal when he "needs" to be, but for the most part just chills with a toy on the floor or watches the people around him.  He still isn't showing any signs of "stranger-danger".  He pretty much enjoys going to anyone.  He does however prefer to be on the floor now since his new latest trick (crawling).

Owen sleeps like a champ, eats like an adult, and doesn't have fear of anything yet.  He tries to crawl off the couch head first.  He rolls over to his belly in the tub and tries to blow bubbles.  This usually ends with Owen sucking in a lot of water and me yanking him out of the tub.  He doesn't care though-goes right back for more.  Sometimes if Brent and Owen's naps don't line up perfectly and I have some 1-on-1 time with Owen, I will read some books to him.  He really seems to enjoy this.  He prefers to hold the books himself.  They usually end up in his mouth and then I have to take them back.

I love this kid so much and he is such a special part of our family! Happy 11 months Owen!!


Just recently discovered how much he LOVES to swing!



First attempt at eating corn on the cob.


This chair has been in Brandon's family for YEARS (hence, the duct tape).  No matter how hard I try, it never leaves :)


Brent has been asking for Owen to ride beside him in his truck ever since he got it.  Now he is finally big enough to ride and Brent is thrilled! (so is Owen)


Owen and one of his girlfriends (Claire) having a picnic at the park :)

From Videos
Click on this pic of Owen and it will take you to a short video of him crawling.  Because of the angle it's hard to see his unique crawl.  Trust me, it's different.

No comments: