Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh, the things they say...



Brent is getting to the age now where he is really learning to express his own thoughts and ideas through words instead of just repeating what we have taught him to say in certain situations. At times this can be really annoying and tiresome. But for the most part, it's just really stinkin' cute. I have heard of people keeping journals where they write down the funny, clever things their children say. I think that is a really neat idea so I am going to use my blog for this.

The other day we were playing over at Grandma and Papa's house and Brent was playing with a Lightning McQueen car. Brent and Papa both have this same car and I just figured he was playing with Papa's car since we were at his house. When it was time for us to leave Brent tried to take the car with him and I told him he had to leave it because it was Papa's and that he could play with his at home. After a little resistance, he left the car and we went home. Well, when we get home Brent and I searched everywhere for his car and couldn't find it. I put him to bed and told him we would look for it again in the morning. The next morning we were sitting at the table eating breakfast and Brent says "I am going to go put my shoes and my jacket on. I'm ready to go. I'm going bye-bye". I reply, "Oh really? Where are you going?" Brent exclaims, "I am going to Grandma and Papa's house to get my Lightning McQueen car!" So, it turns out that that was his car. Oops!

This morning Brent and I were playing trains and Owen was sitting in his Bumbo seat watching. Owen spits up (for the 50th time today) and Brent says, "Mom! Owen spit up his milk. He don't like it!" This is what Brent does when he doesn't like his food so he assumes that is why Owen spits up his milk. I love how their minds work. So simple, and straight to the point!

1 comment:

Aunt Steffy said...

This is so cute!! Now it starts, he finds out he's right this time and he then thinks he's right everytime. LITTLE MAN