Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2 Weeks


Wow what a journey these last 2 weeks have been. My life has been flipped upside down in more ways than one. Having 2 children is wonderful and exhausting all at the same time (just as I knew it would be). I have had so much help from family and friends around me which I can't say "thank you" enough for.

Owen has been a wonderful baby so far. He eats, sleeps, and then eats and sleeps some more. He is starting to stay awake after a couple naps each day now for about an hour each time. I can already see him losing that "newborn look". It always goes away too quickly.

The biggest challenge for me has been balancing the schedule of a newborn with the schedule of a toddler. Both so different and so demanding. Brent wants to go, go, go while Owen needs my sit-down attention to nurse every 3 hours. I feel like I have a pretty good combined schedule going right now which helps. I am such a schedule person. I'm lost without one.

Owen had a check-up this week and he is almost back up to birth weight (7 lbs. 12 oz.). He is a little jaundice and the doc is pretty sure he has acid reflux but it doesn't seem to bother him. Brent had this too but it affected his sleep so we had to put him on medication. We go back Friday for another weight check and to re-evaluate his jaundice.

So, happy 2 weeks Owen! I am a very proud, happy, and tired mom! Off to bed...

2 comments:

Sarah, Jordan, and Faye said...

awwwwwwwwwwww cute post

MedSchoolWife said...

Sounds like fun! Don't forget -- call me any time to come help! And let us know as soon as you guys are ready to hang out again :)