Thursday, August 13, 2009

A trip for 2

Right after we got back from our vacation to the beach Brandon and I left to go to Asheville, NC on a business trip. With Brandon's new position, there are a couple of business trips a year where the wives are invited. This was my first time attending one. Yes, my first time away from Brent. I have to say, the anticipation of leaving Brent was a lot worse than the actual being away part. Don't get me wrong, I missed my little guy like crazy, but I think I did great! The crying spells occured the day before leaving him when I was packing his bag and calling my mom every hour to remind her of something.

Brandon and I stayed at the Grove Park Inn (wow!). That place was absolutely beautiful! It's been a while since I've been to NC mountains and I was just blown away by its beauty. We were wined and dined (minus the wine) and really, really enjoyed this time alone.

The second day we were there we went on an adventure to Mt. Pisgah's National Forest. I absolutely love waterfalls and I was told this was the place to go to see one. They have over 20 breathtaking waterfalls in this area and we were able to see a couple of them. It was so nice to be out in nature and to spend this much needed time with my best friend and husband!

Pics to the right-->

2 comments:

RACHEL said...

Wined and Dined witout the wine!!! i love this line!!!

Monica said...

So does Brandon not know how to smile anymore? All his pics he looked so not happy! Tell him to SMILE!! hehehehe