Friday, September 26, 2008

Welcome!




Okay, so this is my very first blog and I really don't know what I'm doing. Trial and error I guess. Since I am officially a "mommy" now I really want to have a way for people to keep track of our little growing family. Brent is now 3 weeks and 5 days old. Motherhood is a lot different than I thought. For some crazy reason I thought it was going to be easy. I mean, I babysat growing up all the time and was always around little babies...man was I wrong! I underestimated the difference between caring for a kid for a few hours and being completely responsible for another human being's existence. WOW! Nonetheless, I love being a mom even more than I thought I would and I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy baby boy in my life. Every day gets a little easier and feels a little more natural. Brent is sleeping right now in his bouncer in his crib. We found out he has acid reflux so he can't sleep laying flat on his back anymore...bless his tiny heart! Here is a picture of him. So precious!! He is so angelic while sleeping.

7 comments:

Allie said...

Crickle!!!

I love the blog!! It is a great way to keep up with you and your family, just as you said!! It is adorable! Wow, your son is the sweetest little thing! I can't wait to meet him!
Chris and I just started a blog too....it is fun, but can be hard to figure out! Just post pictures in reverse....that is crucial!!
Love you and miss you!
Allison

macewan said...

We all miss you at BCDC. Hope things are going well in momville. The blog looks great.

Sheconia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheconia said...

That is so wonderful!! I like the idea that we can keep up with you and the family without having to crowd you guys!! He's so precious. I know that you are loving every minute of motherhood, but I also know that somethings you dont find out until you become a mother yourself!! Just know that we all the faith in the world plus some in you. Come on...You are a loving person, and you have that nurturing spirit, you got this one in the bag!! Good Luck, and if you need me you can call...I would love to play hooky for a day!! LOL!
Sheconia

RobinsonRugrats said...

Crystal-
I am so glad that you started a blog b/c now I can keep up w/ that cute little fella of yours. I wish you guys were still in G-ville. Oh well, I guess the blog will do for now!
Take care,
JoAnna

Amanda said...

yay for the blog!! Now i can keep up with your familY! :)

Ty KT Family said...

Crystal- you are a great mom! I'm so glad you have a blog. It's good practice for me since you won't be so close forever. Isn't it nice to know it takes us all a little time to adjust to the world of being a mother? Brent is one lucky little fella:)I have a feeling that your adjustment will move fast.
Katie